the Memory of
Franklin County Soldiers
of the Mexican War
1846 - 1848
On this day, October 2, 1954, this tablet is placed in memory of those soldiers from Franklin County, Ohio who served their country with great courage and devotion during the Mexican War 1846-1848.
In this grove, now Schiller Park, on July 27, 1848, a grateful people assembled to express their profound appreciation to their brave sons who gave so much in their devotion to duty. May their heroic deeds inspire all men of future generations who are called upon to serve and protect their country.