This was the plantation of Archibald Sinclair, tything man of the town of Frederica. In 1765 it was granted to Donald Forbes as bounty land for his services in Oglethorpe`s regiment. Forbes sold to Gen. Lachlan McIntosh of Revolutionary War fame, whose son, Major William McIntosh, lived and died in the old plantation house. Here, in the family burial plot, lie the bodies of Major McIntosh and his two children. The Agricultural and Sporting Club of St. Simons Island, an organization of plantation owners founded in 1832, used the old tabby home as their club house.