Patrons of Husbandry and LiteracyThe Donalds Grange No. 497 is significant for both its architecture and its contribution to the social development of the community and Abbeville County. For these reasons, Donalds Grange No. 497, Patrons of Husbandry, was entered into the National Register of Historic Places on January 9, 1995. Construction in 1935 by local Works Progress Administration (WPA) labor on land donated by W. Maxie Agnew, the building served originally as the home of the town hall, the grange, and the public library. Since its inception, the fieldstone building has been the meeting hall for the agricultural organization known locally and most commonly as the Donalds Grange.
|Series||This marker is part of the South Carolina: South Carolina Heritage Corridor series, and the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects series.|
|Placed By||South Carolina Heritage Corridor|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 13th, 2014 at 1:28am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 375687 N 3803793|
|Decimal Degrees||34.36805000, -82.35195000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 22.083', W 82° 21.117'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 22' 4.98" N, 82° 21' 7.02" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 379 W Main St, Donalds SC 29638, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.