Three Walker County businessmen, Andrew P. Allgood, Spencer S. Marsh and Col. W.K. Briers, officially organized the Trion factory Oct. 12, 1845. It has had few shut-downs since its first production in 1847. In 1858 an epidemic, in 1864 Sherman's invading Federal Army closed the mill until the end of the War Between the States, fire on April 10, 1876 only shut the mill for six months and a strike for six weeks in 1934. Three families owned and operated the mill through its first 150 years. The Allgood Family (1845-1912), the B.D. Riegel Family (1912-1987) and the R.B. Pamplin Family purchased the mill in 1987.