(Organized 1790)Three miles east of this point, on the old River Road, is located Union Meeting House (Methodist), the oldest church in Bulloch county, and one of the oldest churches in Georgia remaining continuously active since its organization. Title was acquired from the State by grant to Joseph Jackson, Jarvis Jackson, Lemuel Williams, Griffin Merrill and Joshua Hodges, Trustees, dated September 1, 1794, recorded in Screven County, the land being then a part of that county. Plat made about that time by William Blair, an Irishman, showed the meeting house already located on the land, indicating its earlier origin.
|Series||This marker is part of the Georgia: Georgia Historical Society/Commission series|
|Placed By||Georgia Historical Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 21st, 2014 at 6:12pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 432107 N 3601161|
|Decimal Degrees||32.54575000, -81.72308333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 32° 32.745', W 81° 43.385'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||32° 32' 44.70" N, 81° 43' 23.10" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 6644 Co Rd 474, Statesboro GA 30461, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.