Delaware CityIn 1847, the Reverend Andrew F. Freeman and the Reverend Thomas F. Billop were appointed as a committee to organize and solicit subscriptions for a Protestant Episcopal church in Delaware City. The parish was formally organized on May 28, 1848, when Bishop Alfred Lee officiated for the first time to a numerous congregation assembled in the Methodist Church. The church was officially admitted into full union at the following Diocesan Convention. A house of worship was provided by the commissioners of Public School District #76, who authorized the use of the church house.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||Delaware Public Archives|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 19th, 2014 at 5:47am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18S E 449105 N 4380772|
|Decimal Degrees||39.57515000, -75.59258333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 39° 34.509', W 75° 35.555'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||39° 34' 30.54" N, 75° 35' 33.30" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 45 3rd St, Delaware City DE 19706, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|