Hendricks HouseHome of Governor William Hendricks 1822-1825 while he was Governor of Indiana. Front room was Governor's Headquarters. Hendricks was also Secretary of Constitutional Convention. House wa built 1817 by Davis Floyd, Territorial Auditor and Treasurer and member of Constitutional Convention. Floyd had been convicted 1806 of aiding Aaron Burr. House purchased 1841 by Judge William A. Porter, noted lawyer, judge, and staunch Whig leader who served many terms in State Legislature and was Speaker of House 1849. The home since 1841 of Judge Porter and descendants.
|Series||This marker is part of the Indiana: Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers series|
|Placed By||Dan P. Griffin|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 8:59pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 576586 N 4229732|
|Decimal Degrees||38.21230000, -86.12516667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 38° 12.738', W 86° 7.51'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||38° 12' 44.28" N, 86° 7' 30.60" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 108-198 E Walnut St, Corydon IN 47112, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.