In 1899 the schoolhouse property was bought from the Bloomer family. The following year a two story, square plan, Renaissance Revival style building was completed with 3 classrooms and an assembly room for grades K-8. In 1907, 4 classrooms were added to the south side, and in 1912, 6 classrooms were added to the north side, expanding the school to K-12. In 1921 the south end was again enlarged, and from 1929 to 1955 it was solely the Closter Jr/Sr High School, 7-12. From 1955 to 1996 it was the Village School, grade's 6-8.
Sponsored by: The alumni and friends of the School, 1999