—— 6 mi.—→Built in 1767- 69 by Lutheran Protestants who came to Georgia in 1734 after being exiled from Catholic Salzburg in Europe, the church is officially name Jerusalem Church. It stands on the site of a wooden building probably erected soon after the congregation moved from Old Ebenezer to New Ebenezer in 1738. During the Revolution the British used the Church as a hospital and stable and the metal swan on the belfry still bears a bullet hole. Though the town of Ebenezer no longer exists the Church has an active congregation of about 450 members.
|Series||This marker is part of the Georgia: Georgia Historical Society/Commission series|
|Placed By||Georgia Historical Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 4:06pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 475787 N 3577666|
|Decimal Degrees||32.33561667, -81.25728333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 32° 20.137', W 81° 15.437'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||32° 20' 8.22" N, 81° 15' 26.22" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 115 Ebenezer Rd, Rincon GA 31326, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.