732 Prince Street was the home of William Doyle Morgan (1853-1938), mayor 1891-1906 and the catalyst for much of Georgetown's growth and prosperity by the turn of the century. He helped give the city what one observer called "the snap and vim of twentieth century progress," such as a modern water and sewersystem, electric lights, macadamized streets, sidewalks, a deepened harbor, and jetties in Winyah Bay.
When Morgan retired in 1906, citizens presented him a sterling silver punch bowl in recognition of his "Zeal and Energy" and "Untiring Efforts for the Improvement of the City and Her Harbor." He founded and was president of the Bank of Georgetown 1891-1927. Morgan, a devout Catholic, was also instrumental in the construction of St. Mary's Catholic Church, built in 1899-1901 and consecrated in 1902.