[Lower marker]:First Baptist Church
B.P. Robertson, Pastor
Corner stone from second auditorium building which was demolished September 1949 to make way for the present building completed 1951.
[Dedication Plaque] (Located near the Limestone Street entrance):First Baptist Church
Gaffney, South Carolina
This building completed June 10, 1951
Frank E. Morris, Pastor
R.R. Markley - Architecture - Durham, N.C.
Crosland Construction Company - Builder
John M. Hamrick - Chmn., E.H. Jones
J.B. Hatcher, C.E. Hamrick
C.L. Chandler, Mrs. L.V. Gaffney
Waite C. Hamrick, Jr., Mrs. E.H. Dobson
V.H. Lipscomb, Mrs. L.A. Hamrick
A.J. Eastwood, Mrs. Eula H. Vassy
"Whosoever thou art that entereth this church,
be reverent; be attentive; be thoughtful;
and leave it not without prayer to God,
for thyself, for those who minister,
and for those who worship here."