This gun, cast in Strasburg in 1758, was sent by Louis XV, King of France, to Canada for the defense of Quebec. Upon the surrender of that place in the following year, the gun fell into the hands of the British. In April, 1760, the French recaptured the gun, and in May the British re-took it. In the fall of 1775 this gun aided in the repulse of the Continental force under General Richard Montgomery, who was mortally wounded while attempting to capture it. In June, 1779, Sir Henry Clinton captured Stony Point, and a month later General Anthony Wayne re-took it finding this gun among the trophies. General Washington presented the piece to troops from Elizabethtown who had acted as a reserve, and it was brought here by them soon after. Unveiled by Elizabethtown Chapter, No. 1, Sons of the American Revolution, December 2, 1905.