1912 The Latrobe Building 1984
The Latrobe building was designed by Edward H. Glidden, a prominent Baltimore architect. The Latrobe name commemorates John Hazlehurst Boneval Latrobe, a respected attorney whose home formerly stood on this site. John Latrobe was a leader in an extraordinary range of civic affairs in the latter half of the nineteenth century including service as chairman of the Public Parks Commission of Baltimore City, president of the Maryland Historical Society, and president of the Board of Visitors of the United States Military Academy at West Point. He was the son of Benjamin H. Latrobe, architect of the Baltimore Cathedral and was father of Ferdinand Latrobe, who served five terms as mayor of Baltimore, between 1875 and 1895.
Restoration of the Latrobe Building was dedicated on May 15, 1984 by William Donald Schaefer, Mayor, City of Baltimore.
James W. Duncan, Jr.
Timothy S. Smick
Architect: Cochran, Stephenson & Donkervoet, Inc.
Contractor: Glen Arm Construction Company