Slidre Evangelical Lutheran Church and Cemetery
On January 13, 1906, forefathers from Norway established the church. The first pastor to serve was Reverend J.C. Hougum.
The church building was constructed in 1907 by Jorger Erickson, Knute Evenson, Ole Gunderson, Knute Jonsrud, Ole Jorstad, Christ Kolstad, Tom Knutson, Emil Larson, Knute Moen, Tollef Moen, Andrew Snortheim, Gilbert Swenson, and Ole Viste on land donated by Mr. & Mrs. Ole Gunderson. The ladies helped raise funds for the church by holding lutefisk dinners, sewing aprons, and so forth.
Slidre Lutheran congregation continued until 1947. Reverend A.E. Norson served as their last pastor.
The church building was sold to Trinity Lutheran Church of Marshfield on October 16, 1952 and was then moved to East Fourth Street.
The cemetery has been maintained by family members.
Founded in faith
Consecrated in Christ
Lives on in legacy