Before the close of 1885 the families of James Mitchell, A.T. Lawrence, Darius Allen, Joshua Adams, Felix, Heber, Frank and Ann Husband, Albert Christiansen and N.G. Mickelson settled here. Soon other followed. These settlers were organized into a branch of the L.D.S. church in 1893 and a log room built by George Steel served as the first school with Miss Wood as teacher. In Feb. 1895 in the home of Wm. Crandall, the Ward of Shelley was organized with John F. Shelley as bishop. Early pioneers made irrigation possible in this sector.