"Alpha Chapel — This name has been given the new Chapel midway
between Bethania and Rural Hall. The very name "Alpha" is a significant one;
inasmuch as this is the first step the Bethania congregation has ever taken
in the direction Of church extension outside of herself. This new chapel, now
nearly completed, is 20x30 feet, With a steep roof and box finish, 14 foot
ceiling, a double entrance with transom, and six windows. The steeple, which
is not yet finished, will add very much to the appearance of the already neat
building, when the two experienced carpenters, who have the work in charge, shall have completed it."
—The Wachovia Moravian, January 1895
The small chapel never developed into an independent church. Instead, the
building was moved to grounds of Mizpah Moravian Church. A growing
Mizpah Moravian no longer needed the chapel; therefore, it was transferred
to a local farm site.
The chapel relocated to its present site in 2001 after being donated to the
Town of Bethania by Mr.and Mrs. Burton Winfrey. Today, a restored building
functions as the Bethania Town Hall and Office.