The Cemetery and Park are part of blacksmith Adam Hill's 300 acre farm bought in 1833.
Hill produced plows, repaired wagons, and cast utilitarian ironware. He bred horses with endurance for use on the plains and maintained a race track to test their qualities.
Blacksmithing and racing ended when the Civil War began. Son, William M. Hill, and grandson, Jo Lisle Hill, farmed the land until 1827. Adam Hill and Ann Wood Moberly, his wife, two of their five children, some of his grandchildren, and other family members are