In 1873, Mart B. Norman (1856-1921) came to this area, which would later be called Norman's Crossing. M.B. Norman farmed, ran a general store and co-owned a cotton gin in the community later named for him. In 1906, he purchased this property and soon afterward built a two-story cross-gabled house with octagonal-shaped projections, including a wrap-around porch, designed in the Queen Anne style. The second story features a decorative balcony and dormers; other notable elements include a double door and transom, squared columns, fishscale shingles, decorative glass and lapped siding. After M.B. Norman's death in 1921, his wife, Nettie (Mayhall), continued to own the property, which has remained in the family for more than 100 years.