The earliest worship services of this congregation were held in 1881 under a back yard arbor at the home of Matilda Lewis. Nine families, including those of Robert Lewis, W. Stevenson, Wiley Cleaveland, George Ross, Esaw Beard, Kissiah Jefferson, Anna Akes, Julia Gaines, and Emma Moore, were involved with the church's organization. The congregation called the Rev. Mr. Shivers as its first pastor.
When the need for a more permanent church home became evident, trustees Robert Lewis, W. Stevenson, and George Ross selected this site upon which to build a sanctuary. The small frame structure was used by Macedonia church members until a new building was erected in 1914. Additional facilities have been constructed as needed over the years.
Affiliated with the La Grange Baptist District Association since 1885, Macedonia Baptist church has hosted district meetings several times. Many of the association's leaders throughout the years have been members of this congregation.
An important part of the religious heritage of Georgetown, the Macedonia Baptist church continues to be a source of strength and service for the community.