Born 1807, in Trenton.
He was the editor of the New Jersey State Gazette early in his career. Later a member and president of the Common Council, he served the short term as mayor of Trenton - April 6 to 9, 1855 - filling the vacated seat of William Napton. He was also the first elected Mercer County surrogate.
A lawyer and active in business, he served as an officer to the Trenton Delaware Falls Co., Trenton Water Works, Mercer and Trenton Mutual Loan Associations, and as manager of the Trenton Savings Fund Society. He established the Trenton Silk Manufacturing Co. and Trenton Improvement Co.
Died Oct. 29, 1857, at his home at 63 Hanover St.