Ozark Baptist Church
This church was organized August 13, 1848, under the leadership of Rev. U.H. Parker at the home of William Andrews, two miles east of Ozark, and called Andrews Church. It was renamed Union Baptist Church in 1852 and Ozark Baptist Church in 1902. The original building was erected in 1852 on land donated by Moses Matthews, near the church's present site. In 1882 a larger facility was built and another in 1902 to meet the growing membership's needs. The present sanctuary was constructed in 1955 and the multipurpose building in 1988. Two major mission efforts have been sponsorship of Ridgecrest and Logan Road Baptist Churches in Ozark.
Served between 1848 and 1899: U.H. Parker, L.R. Sims, Daniel Cumby, T.S. Due, W.H. Howell, Caswell S. Smith, Zachariah Harris, Pitt M. Calloway, James M. Poyer, Ransom Deal, P.L. Mosley, H.C. Hurley, J.W. Dickerson, Ransom Deal. Served between 1900 to the present: J.J. Haygood, 1900-03; J.S. Yarborough, 1905-06; J.L. Thompson, 1907-08; J.M. Anderson, 1909-10; A.L. Blizzard, 1910-11; M.L. Harris, 1912-17; J.B. Lasseter, Jr., 1919-22; R.W. Langham, 1923-24; T.W. Talkington, 1924-27; H.O. Hughes, 1928-29; Noble Y. Beall, 1930-32; C.W. Milford, 1932-40; John B. Johnson, 1940-47; Charles H.
Landers, 1948-56; L. Don Miley, 1957-70; Ronald J. Heddie, 197-79; James C. Wayne, 1980-86; P.T. Bailey, 1987-90; John F. Lindsey, 1991-95; Gregory Aman, 1995 to the present.