Renaissance Historic SiteAt the corner of Pine and Ludlow, an important part of the Switchback Gravity Railroad was completed around 1844. Upon returning from Mauch Chunk, empty mine cars began their Summit Hill descent east of town at the Mount Jefferson Plane. Passing over this bridge, cars continued west to the mines to be loaded with coal and then proceed back down the mountain to the Lehigh Canal.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, January 6th, 2019 at 1:01pm PST -08:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18T E 426828 N 4519726|
|Decimal Degrees||40.82530000, -75.86775000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 49.518', W 75° 52.065'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 49' 31.08" N, 75° 52' 3.8999999999999" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 200 E McMurtrie St, Summit Hill PA 18250, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.