Established by the Fratellanza Italiana di Mutua Beneficenza Di Santa Rosalia in 1915. The organization, during a special meeting held on October 17, 1915, authorized the purchase of arpent lots 138 and 139 from Michele Centanni and his children. The property was purchased from the Centanni family on October 18, 1915.
The Kenner City Council, by Ordinance No. 5578 on November 7, 1985, accepted the donation of the cemetery from the Fratellanza Italiana Di Mutua Beneficenza Di Santa Rosalia.
A resolution adopted by the Kenner City Council on March 21, 1996, officially recognized the St. Rosalie, Love & Charity, and Belle Grove Cemeteries as historical landmarks. Many original Kenner settlers and prominent citizens have been interred in these cemeteries. Thus, these cemeteries have been preserved, in part, with community development block grant funds.