The Arlington Hotel, a three story brick building built in 1887, once occupied the northeast corner of this parking garage, fronting on North Second Street. Streetcars passed this modern hotel every fifteen minutes and porters from the Arlington, as well as the Franklin House on Public Square, rode the streetcars from the railroad depot to entice guests to stop at their respective hotels. The Arlington provided simple rooms to commercial travelers, steam heat, billiard rooms, an excellent dining room, and an elegant bar.
The first bank in the world staffed and managed entirely by women began business in the Arlington on October 6, 1919. The bank existed for seven years, closing in 1926.
The hotel has several owners over the years, eventually becoming the Montgomery Hotel circa 1930. The hotel was razed in 1973 and the site became a city parking lot.