William S. Hart Park and Museum is the former ranch and home of the world famous Western silent film actor and director, William S. Hart. Today, guests visiting the park may enjoy a vast picnic area, a live collection of farm animals, a herd of American bison, a series of hiking trails, campgrounds, a Western-themed gift store, and Heritage Junction, which is a collection of historic buildings significant to the Santa Clarita Valley.
The Museum is the beautiful Spanish Colonial Revival style mansion atop the hill. Docent-led tours through this historic home highlight Mr. Hart's impressive collection of Western artwork by noted artists Charles M. Russell, Frederic Remington, and Joe de Yong, as well as costumes and props from early Hollywood, personal furnishings and effects, and artifacts representing multiple Native American cultures.
The Museum also includes an historic 1910 Ranch House, located just inside the gate, which exhibits Hart's tack and saddle collection, personal furnishings, and additional Hollywood memorabilia.
William S. Hart Park, which opened in 1958, is registered California Point of Historical Interest, No. 564.