When Virginia Beach Park officially opened to the public in 1945, a prefabricated "snack bar" was among the site's first amenities. A 1947 hurricane destroyed it. In 1951, this permanent concession stand was constructed. For decades, park and beach visitors enjoyed corndogs, potato chips, and Nehi sodas.
This project has been financed in part with historic preservation assistance provided by Bureau of Historic Preservation, Division of Historical Resources, Florida Department of State, assisted by the Florida Historical Commission.