This current address has incorporated numbers 827 and 829 Grand Avenue. The earliest maps show buildings on this site since 1888, but the year 1913 has J.F. McCoy constructing his building. In 1917, the State of Colorado purchased the building for the National Armory.
Over the years, the second story of the McCoy Building (829 Grand Avenue) was used for civic meetings, a ballroom, a roller skating rink, and a bowling alley.
McCoy's Buick dealership, Blossom Motor Company, operated on this corner at 831 Grand Avenue through the 1920s. A series of auto dealerships and service stations operated on this corner until 1965.
The adjoining address of 827 Grand Avenue housed a print shop in the 1890s. Later information shows a battery shop on this site in the late 1930s to mid-1940s. Hamilton Calder had the Coca-Cola Bottling Company at this location from the mid-1940s until the mid-1960s.
The remodeled corner became one building in 1965 when Hested Variety Store occupied this building. From the mid-1970s until 1995, several businesses were located on this corner, including a Ben Franklin, a furniture store, and an interior decorating shop. Michelle and Kenneth Balcomb and Robert & Connie Delaney donated the building to the Colorado Mountain College in 1994. Under the ownership of CMC, the building
underwent another remodel for their administrative offices and an art gallery on the street level.