Founded in 1890 by D.T. Bozeman, teacher and merchant, on a Main Wagon Road, 16 miles northwest of Colorado (City).
Town was named for Bozeman's neighbor, T.T. Cuthbertson, first Postmaster was Mrs. Bozeman. A good well by Bozeman's General Store attracted freighters.
First Cuthbert School opened in 1893. First rural telephone line in county was built in 1898 from Bozeman's home to Colorado (City). In 1907, Cuthbert boasted Bozeman's Store, C.W. Womack's General Store, a gin, blacksmith shop, barber shop, church, and school. Post office closed, 1959.