Organized on November 8, 1887 from a part of Keith County. Consists of generally prairie land with some sand hills. Its northwest corner is the northwest corner of section nineteen, township twelve, north, range forty-one west of the 6th P.M, which point is approximately 425 feet northerly and 50 feet westerly from this marker.
There are no flowing streams within its boundaries. In early times it was, perhaps, the driest part of the long cattle trail from Texas to Ogallala, and consisted mostly of cattle ranches.
The county now has some 500 deep well irrigation systems and is made up of highly developed and diversified farms. Agriculture is the chief source of income for this beautiful and prosperous community.
Erected in memory of our pioneers and to honor the progressive citizens of this county.