(side one)2015 * Kentucky Historical Society * Kentucky Department of Highways * 2468
The cornerstone was laid on Nov. 12,1865 and church consecrated by the Rt. Rev. G.A. Carroll, Bishop of Covington, on Oct. 18, 1868.
The remains of the first pastor, Fr. Bekkers, are interred in a vault in the narthex of the church.
In 1909, St Paul was divided into two separate and distinct parishes due to substantial growth. Over.
The church is a fine example of Gothic Revival architecture. At the time of completion, the 210-foot bell tower was the tallest in the city.
Clocks from Boston added in 1883 were the city's first church tower clocks.
The twelve single-panel stained glass windows were designed and manufactured by G. C. Riordan Co. in Cincinnati.