—A City of Milton Historic Site —In 1834, Thomas Byrd of Hall County purchased Land Lot 403, consisting of 40 acres, in Cherokee County for $400. Circuit riders often stayed in the two parsons rooms in the house. It also served as a stagecoach stop on the mail route to the gold mint in Dahlonega. The old road bed can still be seen. The Hopewell Baptist Church was constituted here in 1851. It was then the home of Rhoda Byrd Rogers, youngest daughter of Thomas Byrd. The house, owned by the City of Milton, serves as a Senior Center.
|Placed By||The City of Milton, Georgia|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 at 7:02pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 750071 N 3783608|
|Decimal Degrees||34.16348333, -84.28723333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 9.809', W 84° 17.234'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 9' 48.54" N, 84° 17' 14.04" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||404, 678, 770|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 15588-15620 Hopewell Rd, Milton GA 30004, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.