—A City of Milton Historic Site —Atlanta physician John Walker (1902-1977) purchased a 500 acre farm here in the 1930s. The barn was built in the late 19th century. Originally, the transverse frame barn, with several cribs, was joined together under one roof, separated by an aisle. The barn supported Dr. Walker's herd of champion Angus cattle. Over time, the barn has been modified substantially. Several years after Walker's death, the land was divided into 3 to 10 acre parcels and sold, assuring that the bucolic nature of the farm would remain. Recently the barn was converted into a modern dressage facility.
|Placed By||The City of Milton, Georgia|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 at 4:03pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 748009 N 3778893|
|Decimal Degrees||34.12150000, -84.31093333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 7.29', W 84° 18.656'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 7' 17.4" N, 84° 18' 39.36" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||404, 678, 770|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 13765 Brittle Rd, Milton GA 30004, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.