—A City of Milton Historic Site —Charles B. Hagood, an entrepreneur in Milton County, built the Hagood Store at the turn of the 20th Century. This brick structure housed a millinery, run by Bunche Devore, and a post office from 1902-1905, where Hagood served as the Postmaster. This general goods store sold a variety of products to Milton County residents and those living as far away as Sandy Springs. Buyers could find goods such as animal feed, ice cold sodas, and butter. Hagood sold the store in the 1920s. He served in the Georgia State House from 1915-1916.
|Placed By||The City of Milton, Georgia|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 at 4:02pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 749158 N 3778378|
|Decimal Degrees||34.11658333, -84.29863333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 6.995', W 84° 17.918'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 6' 59.7" N, 84° 17' 55.08" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||404, 678, 770|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 1952-13804 Bethany Way, Milton GA 30004, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.