—A City of Milton Historic Site —Spiritual home to many of the area's first families, Hopewell Baptist was constituted on April 14, 1851, with 15 original members. The church joined the Hightower Baptist Association in June 1851. Members first met in the home of Rhoda Byrd Rogers (Thomas Byrd house). Rhoda was the youngest daughter of Judith May Byrd, an original church member. The meetinghouse was built on land given by Thomas Rogers. Other families who donated land were: Phillips, Day, Pearson, Hardeman, Dinsmore (for the cemetery), and Deverell. Reverend A. Tribble was elected first pastor, along with deacons Thomas Burgess and Sampson Clayton.
|Placed By||The City of Milton, Georgia|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 at 4:02pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 750390 N 3783667|
|Decimal Degrees||34.16393333, -84.28376667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 9.836', W 84° 17.026'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 9' 50.16" N, 84° 17' 1.56" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||404, 678, 770|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling West|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 15622-15700 Hopewell Rd, Milton GA 30004, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.