—A City of Milton Historic Site —The original church building, a log cabin, was constructed by Abner Phillips and Joseph Walker. The first organized service took place on December 20, 1834. At the meeting, Solomon Peek and Peter Kuykendall were elected elders. Drucilla Walker and Nancy Phillips, along with two enslaved women, also attended. As new pioneers settled, the congregation grew. After 25 years, a new building was constructed. In 1861, the congregation raised $6.45 for bibles which they sent to Confederate soldiers to spread the Word of God. The rock structure seen today was built in 1940.
|Placed By||The City of Milton, Georgia|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 at 1:02pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 745597 N 3778558|
|Decimal Degrees||34.11905000, -84.33715000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 7.143', W 84° 20.229'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 7' 8.58" N, 84° 20' 13.74" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||404, 678, 770|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 14480-14500 Providence Rd, Milton GA 30004, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.