—A City of Milton Historic Site —Near this location stood the Summit School, one of the earliest public schools in rural Milton County. In 1895, A.S. Cantrell and John Cowart donated one acre each to the Trustees of the Summit School to erect a public school house. In 1908, The Trustees sold the two acres to the Milton County Board of Education for $225. The exact location of the school is unknown. The two room frame structure clad with clapboard siding had a fireplace in each room. The school closed around 1931.
|Placed By||The City of Milton, Georgia|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 at 1:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 747252 N 3779175|
|Decimal Degrees||34.12421667, -84.31905000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 7.453', W 84° 19.143'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 7' 27.18" N, 84° 19' 8.58" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||404, 678, 770|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 1350 Summit Rd, Alpharetta GA 30004, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.