A Town Heritage SiteChapel Hill's first bakery, Hill Bakery, moved to this space in 1920. In 1946, Thell Jernigan bought the bakery, renaming it Thell's Bakery, and James H. Davis bought the University Florist in the Pick Theatre Building next door. This building was split in half and accommodated both businesses from 1953 to 1988 when Thell's Bakery closed its doors. Charles house bought University Florist in 1979 , restoring the building in 1992.
|Placed By||The Chapel Hill Historical Society, Preservation Society of Chapel Hill|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, May 5th, 2018 at 10:01pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 675515 N 3976087|
|Decimal Degrees||35.91336667, -79.05483333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 35° 54.802', W 79° 3.29'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||35° 54' 48.12" N, 79° 3' 17.4" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 132 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill NC 27514, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.