This tablet marks the junction of the Snow Shoe & Packerville Turnpike with the Erie Turnpike, also known as the road from Reading to Presque Isle, Susquehanna & Waterford Turnpike, Bellefonte & Waterford Turnpike, Cream Hill Turnpike, and now Lakes-to-the-Sea Highway.
The Cream Hill Turnpike was purchased from its last private owner, R.H. Moore, by Clearfield County in 1886.
In bas relief above is one of the early stage coaches standing in front of the Eagle Hotel, or Schwem House, located north and opposite this site.
One half mile south is the Indian Trail (Mead Brothers' Trail, Old State Road). One half mile southwest on south side of the state highway leading from Luthersburg to Troutville, is the Indian Spring, or Big Spring, and Indian Camp Ground, used by Major McClelland and his army in the War of 1812.
This tablet also marks the sesquicentennial of the first known white settlement in Brady Township, by James Woodside July 30, 1785.