1923: The foot of Red Hill was the site of the cyclone , April 4, that destroyed much of Pineville from the bottom of the hill to the banks of the Red River. Harry Morris, owner, saw his store leveled by the cyclone. Dee Brady Plumbing later occupied that lot. Replacing the homes that were lost in the disaster were the Pineville Gas Company and Alf W. George's Pineville Blacksmith and Wagon Works in 1926. This side of the block has continued to cater to business. Reed's Pharmacy, George Brownlee Garage, Dixie Roofing and Pineville Ice Comapny have all made their homes at the foot of Red Hill. 1938: Huey Long Hospital Boulevard, which runs between the 400 and 500 blocks of Main Street, was built to accommodate the hospital established in 1938.