The church was organized in 1861, by its first
pastor, Rev. S.W. Davies. The foundation was
apparently laid in 1861. It was completed in
1871. Woodrow Wilson, as a youth. worshiped
here while his brother-in- law, Rev. A.R. Kennedy.
was pastor, (1877-1881). The church closed in
1971, was deeded to the city in 1972 and leased
to the Augusta Improvement Club in 1985. The
club completed its restoration in 1998. The
organ, pulpit, pews and bell are original.
On Oct. 16, 1986. the U.S. Department of Interior placed it on
The National Register of Historic Places.