When fire claimed Jacob M. Salomon's dry goods store on this site, he built this angled Georgian Revival showpiece in 1912, capping three decades of Main Street development begun by H. L. Tilton.
Salomon (1878-1945) saluted his neighbor with cast iron moldings, keystoned windows and the town's first movie theater.
A dome once crowned the rounded corner. Gutted by fire in 1917, the block was rebuilt, with façade and Star Theater intact.
Saranac Gloves were stitched here after the factory closed in 1960.
John B Eames bought the Star in 1920, and 77 years later, his son, attorney John B. Eames acquired the block and began careful restoration.