Millions of coin and stamp collectors know Littleton thought the Littleton Stamp & Coin Company, a mail order firm launched in December, 1945 on the second floor of Tilton's Opera Block.
Fannie Kasper Sundman, impressed by the friendly and scenic Main Street, had picked this location while her husband Maynard Sundman served overseas in the Army.
Upon Maynard's discharge, they moved here from Connecticut in October 1945.
By 1950, the firm had employed more than 100.
Three moves and fifty plus years later, family-owned Littleton Coin is one of America's largest numismatic retailers, serving coin and paper money collectors nationwide.
Littleton Coin Company is located at 1309 Mt. Eustis Road in the Littleton Industrial Park.