John B. "Jack" Eames (1891-1951), born in Groveton, NH, came to Littleton in 1920 and purchased the Premiere Theater in the Northern Hotel block on this site.
After fire destroyed the block in 1924, Jack rebuilt it to house the 800-seat Premiere Theater, an eight-lane bowling alley, offices, and five retail spaces.
Fire again destroyed the building on November 6, 1949, a devastating blow to the town, but while firemen were still pouring water on the smoking rubble, Mr. Eames was having signs erected that read: "Watch this corner grow! New Hampshire's finest theater to be built here."
In 1951, this building opened amid a March 16th "John B. Eames Appreciation day" that drew throngs and included a torchlight parade.
Jack Eames died in December of 1951.
His wife, Blanche "Meader" Eames (1913-2000) admirably carried on his legacy until retiring in 1997.
Her warm, welcoming smile will be remembered by legions of movie goers as will the dedicated presence of her mother, Lillian P. Foss (1885-1973) and her sister, Mary E. Campbell (1908-1991), who each worked side by side with her for nearly two decades.
The ownership and management of this building remains with the Eames family.