William Morris House
William Morris married his second wife, Patsy Hillian,
on October 5, 1831. The couple had a son
in 1835 when Morris was 74 years old.
William Morris, a Revolutionary War veteran, came to Montgomery County in
1806, He bought a 20-acre farm near Centerville in 1815 and moved into this
house with his family. With no daughters in the family, they employed an African
American female servant to help with the many domestic chores,
a common practice at the time.
Historically, the first floor was divided into three rooms. he stone floor was originally
made of wood planks with a root cellar below. Carillon Park created the opening in
the ceiling in 1953 to allow a view of the second floor and roof construction.
Built circa 1815 on West Social Row near Centerville, Ohio.