Dodd's Rooming House, 1927, once stood on the site of Charles McTire's Beauty School. J.B. Kelly, Dentist, and C.B. Durham, MD, had offices upstairs in the rooming house. During the 50's C.E. Pickett operated a grocery downstairs. Later businesses on the Dodd site were Hooter and Nugent Plumbing, CENLA Gas Corporation and Earl Jones Paints. Next door, Leatherman's Pharmacy was owned and operated by Edwin Leatherman and later by sons E.V., Jr. and David for more than 50 years. O'Neal Brothers Service Station operated from the early 20's to the mid 50's adjacent to the pharmacy.