Located in the University Mound/College Hill neighborhood, St. Mary's Pub is the oldest repeal bar in San Francisco with the same name. It is named for St. Mary's College, which was located nearby from 1863 to 1879.
The first business here was The Crescent Candy Store in 1925, next came Olcott's Candy Store and St. Mary's Tavern, which opened after the Repeal of Prohibition in 1933. Owners have included Rosa Pacheco, Arthur Gwilliam,Leda Wallgren, Leon Weber, and Peter Cancilla.
Starting in the 1960s, "Marge" ran St. Mary's Pub for 30 years. The pub was revived by current owner Maria Davis and is often cited for "The Best Bloody Marys in San Francisco." It is rumored to be haunted.
Dedicated March 24, 2018/6023
Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus, Capitulus Redivivus Yerba Buena Chapter #1