This building was constructed sometime between 1707 and 1720 as a Chapel of Ease for members of Dorchester Parish who lived too far away from their parish church; Old Trinity Episcopal Church in Church Creek, MD, to conveniently attend services. This was the first church to be built on Taylors Island and was originally located at the site now occupied by the Taylors Island Volunteer Fire Company. After the building of Grace Episcopal Church in 1873, the chapel was no longer used as a place of worship and served successively as a school, blacksmith shop, voting place, community hall and farm storage building. In 1951 it was purchased by the Grace Foundation of Taylors Island for $800, moved to its present site and restored. The fireplace, which was not part of the original building, contains more than 5,000 bricks from old homes on Taylors Island, and the flooring was restored using wood from old buildings on Taylors Island. The balcony is original, reportedly built of materials salvaged from a ship.