Newton Confederate Memorial, a War Memorial

Newton Confederate Memorial, a War Memorial (HM260R)

Location: Newton, AL 36352 Dale County
Buy Alabama State flags at!
Country: United States of America
Buy United States of America flags at!

N 31° 20.139', W 85° 36.281'

  • 0 check ins
  • 0 favorites

In memory of
Confederate Veterans
Home Guards
in the defense of
the Town of Newton, Alabama,
near the close of the War
Between the States.
HM NumberHM260R
Marker ConditionNo reports yet
Date Added Wednesday, March 14th, 2018 at 7:01pm PDT -07:00
Sorry, but we don't have a picture of this historical marker yet. If you have a picture, please share it with us. It's simple to do. 1) Become a member. 2) Adopt this historical marker listing. 3) Upload the picture.
Locationbig map
UTM (WGS84 Datum)16R E 632742 N 3467642
Decimal Degrees31.33565000, -85.60468333
Degrees and Decimal MinutesN 31° 20.139', W 85° 36.281'
Degrees, Minutes and Seconds31° 20' 8.34" N, 85° 36' 16.86" W
Driving DirectionsGoogle Maps
Area Code(s)334
Which side of the road?Marker is on the right when traveling North
Closest Postal AddressAt or near 42 Killebrew St, Newton AL 36352, US
Alternative Maps Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap

Is this marker missing? Are the coordinates wrong? Do you have additional information that you would like to share with us? If so, check in.

Check Ins  check in   |    all

Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.

Comments 0 comments

Maintenance Issues
  1. Is this marker part of a series?
  2. What historical period does the marker represent?
  3. What historical place does the marker represent?
  4. What type of marker is it?
  5. What class is the marker?
  6. What style is the marker?
  7. Does the marker have a number?
  8. What year was the marker erected?
  9. Who or what organization placed the marker?
  10. This marker needs at least one picture.
  11. Can this marker be seen from the road?
  12. Is the marker in the median?