The original donation of the land by the Kinnear family, the neighbors who donated the first plants to be installed in the park, and the many celebrations held in the park over the years demonstrate the community's love for the park.
1893 - 1985
Landscape architect Edward O. Schwagerl, Superintendent of Parks, is the primary designer for Kinnear Park. Most improvements completed by 1894.
George and Angie Kinnear donate 11 acres to the City of Seattle for $1, followed by an additional 3 acres in 1897.
George Cotterill's influential Bicycle Plan attract many people to Kinnear Park, showing paths leading to the park from downtown and adjacent neighborhoods.
A lily pond and foot bridge built at the bottom of the park (pond later filled in and bridge removed).
The renowned Olmsted Brothers landscape architecture firm, when visiting Kinnear Park, praises it for its spectacular views of Puget Sound and downtown.
Seattle City Council inspecting the recently completed Kinnear Park, here take a moment to relax on the lawn.
As part of the "Saturday in the Park," program, a concert was held, sponsored by the Queen Anne Historical Society.
Shoreline below the park filled to make way for
additional railroad lines and paved streets.