National Register Historic District
Nine buildings erected from 1926-32 fitting in a "crescent moon" plan. Rader, Fields, Allie Young Halls, 1926; Thompson Hall, 1927; Button Auditorium, 1928; President's Home, 1929; Breckinridge Training School and Camden Library, 1931; Senff Natatorium, 1932. Landscape plan: Olmstead Bros.; Collegiate Gothic design: Joseph & Joseph Architects.
Morehead State University Morehead Christian School founded in 1887 for United Christian Missionary Society of St. Louis by Mrs. Phebe Button and her son Dr. F. C. Button. Became easternmost State Normal School in 1922; changed to Morehead State Teachers College in 1930; and named Morehead State University in 1966. Presented by MSU Foundation.